The best of British design was celebrated at BCTF 2018
[LONDON April 17 2018]……April 8 – 10 saw another successful edition of The British Craft Trade Fair (BCTF) take place at the Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, where more than 400 of the best British designer-makers showcased their latest creations to the trade.
Buyers made a beeline for the much-loved exhibition, where the cream of British jewellers, artists, ceramicists, sculptors, greeting card designers and other artisan suppliers presented some of the most beautiful and covetable new products available to retailers this year.
There was a fantastic community feel and buzz about the show, which welcomed visitors from all corners of the UK and Ireland. They came to source from the thousands of exclusively British designed and made new products which make BCTF such a unique special event in the exhibition calendar.
One of the show’s highlights was the hotly anticipated BCTF awards ceremony, which took place when the exhibition closed on Monday April 9 and was well attended by exhibitors. The winners, highly commended and commended exhibitors are:
- BCTF Award For Excellence, sponsored by PSM Ltd: Winner – Anderson Creations (pictured top), Highly Commended – Albert And Alfred, Commended – Sarah Saunders Ceramics
- Best Newcomer Award, sponsored by Craftanddesignonline: Winner – Charlotte Wilkinson Glass, Highly Commended – Rouaida Jewellery
- Giftware Association Award For Excellence: Winner – Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics, Highly Commended – Ann Charlish Studio, Commended – Rachel Thornton
- Award For Excellence In Jewellery, sponsored by the National Association Of Jewellers (NAJ): Winner – Ellen Monaghan, Highly Commended – Caroline Finlay
- Greetings Card Award, sponsored by Greetings Today: Winner – Faye Stevens, Highly Commended – Rhombus And Pineapple, Commended – Artinker, The DM Collection, Catherine Kleeli Cards. Greetings Today editor, Tracey Bearton, gave her ‘Just Because’ award to Rhian Winslade Ceramics, which produced a lovely range of cards for the show.
- Wow Factor, sponsored by DesignGap/ArtGap and voted for by exhibitors: Joint winners – Joanna Coupland and Albert And Alfred.
BCTF organiser, Margeret Bunn said: “The 2018 show has had a great buzz and positive, upbeat atmosphere with many top-end buyers in attendance. This is our second year in the new hall, a wonderful, purpose built venue which provides the perfect environment for buyers to source new products. Feedback from both exhibitors and buyers has been overwhelmingly positive and we are delighted at how the show has been received, a good time has been had by all.”
The next edition of the British Craft Trade Fair will take place from April 7-9 2019, for more information visit the website: www.bctf.co.uk